Saturday, May 5, 2007

Dr. Roberson - now with the Lord

Dr. Roberson was the Founder and President of Tennessee Temple University, Chattanooga, TN. I went to Temple in 1975 as an 18 year old, and felt sorely out of place, primarily because I was an MK. I only stayed 1 semester before being asked by Dr. Roberson to leave (that is a nice way of saying that I was expelled).

I returned 2 years later, stayed another semester, then transferred to Northland Baptist Bible College. There was a young lady at Northland that I had a strong desire to be close to. I stayed at Northland for a single semester, and moved back to Chattanooga to prepare for our wedding. Gloria and I were married in June 1979, started school that fall and only stayed in school for about a month.

We never expected to resume our schooling, but in 1985 I returned to Temple, with Gloria returning in 1986. We graduated in 1990 and 1991 respectively. For me it was 15 years after I had begun school.

I am grateful for the education that I received at Temple, and thankful for Dr. Roberson. It was always a pleasure to see him on campus and to shake his hand.

Dr. Lee Roberson Now with the Lord.
Report from Dr Roberson's funeral
On the Passing of Lee Roberson

No comments :